Jambands.ca

Earthquake?!?!

Schwa.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was felt here too and i was as innocent as a child and thought someone was outside drilling or a huge truck was going by.I looked out the window of course and saw nothing and then things stopped shaking.

Funny, I'm about 5 minutes from Myrna's and didn't feel a thing.

It felt pretty crazy where I was as well. I was in a meeting and the catering table sounded of clinking glasses, a couple ladies screamed and my boss and I gave each other a "holy shit, what do we do?" look, and then it stopped.

My legs were shaky for a good hour afterward. Awesome!

I was at my daughter’s grade 6 graduation ceremony, in the gym, at Rockliffe Park Public School. They were in the middle of handing out the awards when the building rumbled and shook for several seconds. Almost immediately people started screaming and running for the exits, while some dude stood in the middle of the room screaming for everybody to get out immediately and causing further panic. I was sitting with my son and calmly got up, assessed the situation and saw no immediate danger. There was still a line up at the exits, so I decided to pick up my bag, camera, and wife’s purse, while she was standing on the other side of the room screaming for me to get out. Since the exits were not clear, I continued to grab our stuff realizing that there was no way for me to leave yet anyway. She said she was reacting to the screaming dude, thinking that he knew something we all did not, like maybe it was a bomb and this was somehow related to Stephen Harper (his daughter is in grade 5 at the school). I just kept thinking who is this guy and why won’t he shut up. I assumed that it was “just†an earthquake and since the building was not crumbling did not feel in danger at any time. And stayed very calm, especially for my son.

I couldn’t quite understand the immediate rush to the exits. It was bizarre. Someone mentioned that a couple of the adults immediately screamed and ran for the doors which is what set the whole thing off.

Yup - major panic. That’s the best way to react to these situations. We were lucky nobody got hurt. On my way out I noticed many chairs knocked over.

As my wife said, it was a sign that these kids are going to be big movers and shakers!

I was at my daughter’s grade 6 graduation ceremony, in the gym, at Rockliffe Park Public School. They were in the middle of handing out the awards when the building rumbled and shook for several seconds. Almost immediately people started screaming and running for the exits, while some dude stood in the middle of the room screaming for everybody to get out immediately and causing further panic. I was sitting with my son and calmly got up, assessed the situation and saw no immediate danger. There was still a line up at the exits, so I decided to pick up my bag, camera, and wife’s purse, while she was standing on the other side of the room screaming for me to get out. Since the exits were not clear, I continued to grab our stuff realizing that there was no way for me to leave yet anyway. She said she was reacting to the screaming dude, thinking that he knew something we all did not, like maybe it was a bomb and this was somehow related to Stephen Harper (his daughter is in grade 5 at the school). I just kept thinking who is this guy and why won’t he shut up. I assumed that it was “just” an earthquake and since the building was not crumbling did not feel in danger at any time. And stayed very calm, especially for my son.

I couldn’t quite understand the immediate rush to the exits. It was bizarre. Someone mentioned that a couple of the adults immediately screamed and ran for the doors which is what set the whole thing off.

Yup - major panic. That’s the best way to react to these situations. We were lucky nobody got hurt. On my way out I noticed many chairs knocked over.

As my wife said, it was a sign that these kids are going to be big movers and shakers!

now that is some video that I would love to see.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, earthquakes can be caused by the H.A.A.R.P. earthquake weapon owned by the US. They're currently making sure every country knows that they are not untouchable.

don't believe the lies!

I know you're trying to be funny, but when there are no fault lines or earthquake zones and no reason for an earthquake to occur and there is an earthquake, that's about the only time HAARP comes into any sort of discussion.

There are loads of fault lines in this area and earthquakes are not uncommon, though a 5.5 is fairly noteworthy.

quakes in the past week

I didn't feel a thing.
I suppose I'm the only one who didn't feel a thing?!?!? Sometimes it sucks being so damn unique.

doesn't edger count?

for the record' date=' I didn't feel a thing either

[/quote']

My sincerest apologies. Of course Edger counts.