Jambands.ca

So how old is too old to go shows?

CyberHippie

I don't think he/she was asking whether or not he/she should go to every show....just whether or not there is a cut off age for going to shows. I sure as shit don't go to as many shows as I used to nor do I feel the need but when life allows I do my best best to giver in whatever manner the mood wants.Sober,not sober, show sober. As long as life allows and I'm enjoying myself. [Wink]

The Narc thing hasn't happened in a while, because the hair has gotten longer. But it certainly happened when I got my hair cut a few years ago. It made me blatantly aware that appearance does matter, and that people make assumptions based on looks. I know it's not rocket science, but for some reason I didn't realize just how important a hair cut could be. Some people with long hair make assumptions about people with short hair, and some people with short hair make assumptions about people with long hair, and some young people make assumptions about old people, and some old people make assumptions about young people ...

Being older and having a family has meant that I have had to rebalance my live music "habit" with my other responsibilities.

As for young women ... don't get me wrong ... it's fun to dance with lots of young women [big Grin] ... and it's fun to dance with lots of older women ... and it's fun to dance with lots of guys. That's it ... bring on the dance party! [big Grin]

Thanks for letting me babble some more!

Peace, Mark

Happy birthday Trevor. I sure hope you enjoy Creaking Tree tonight.

As the years slip by I think of aging more and more and what that means in my life. I am approaching 30, does that mean I should have kids? Hell no! Does that mean I should have my career firmly planted. I hope not! Does that mean that I can't take my pigtails, glitter and yoyos out in public? Who cares I love them and I will! Does that mean I have to act mature? I think we all know that is never going to happen. And shows? Well I'll never stop as long as I can breath. They are my fuel in life, the thing that makes me most content and inspired. Why would I give that up just because people 10 years my junior are getting into the same thing? If anything, it is going to shows that will keep me young and satisfied with life.

Stop having fun and it's all over.

I don't know who ever said you can't go out, dance, get loopy and have fun after a certain age. I always figured that responsible family life would take care of that.

However, I've met a few people in the last couple of years that prove that even if you do have a family, you can still continue on.

At the same time, if you don't have a family, it will be entirely up to you when you decide to calm things down.

I don't know about being mistaken for a narc, but this one time, I was mistaken for the band nero.

That was wierd....really wierd, because it was Velvet that confused me for Dave, Jay, and Punk.

Age does not matter. I forget how old i am until people ask me.

quote:

I'm lookin'for a young hot babe... but I guess the music ain't bad either.

No doubt, did you know that there was a band playing Saturday night? [Wink]

quote:

Does that mean that I can't take my pigtails, glitter and yoyos out in public?

Hey, if you want to be seen with them Bluegrassy fellas, more power to ya.

quote:

Originally posted by Schwa.:

quote:

Does that mean that I can't take my pigtails, glitter and yoyos out in public?

Hey, if you want to be seen with them Bluegrassy fellas, more power to ya.

I was going to make the same kind of joke, but deferred; thanks, Schwa.

Aloha,

Brad, Who Hereby Claims "Take Yer Yo-Yo's Out" As An Album Title

If you put a wink at the end of asentence that means that it's a joke even if you mean it...

This I understand, but give me a break Schwa. There was no band playin'on Saturday night... was there? [Wink]

Tungsten is a narc. [Wink]

Velvet is a drunk narc. [Wink]

CyberHippie is still young enough to go to shows. [Wink]

Mark Tonin is mean. [Wink]

I like this.

It's an interesting question. Where do heads go when they grow up. I'm fairly certain I already know a number of people who have hung up their show going shoes for matrimonial/child rearing/suburban 'bliss'. I don't see that day coming any time soon for me but often think it should. At what point are you just an enduring fan of music or just suffering from a serious Peter Pan complex?

Archived