Jambands.ca

best show of the summer

shitidiot

Not the best show I saw this summer, but definately the most fun I had at a show this summer, would have to be the private Ghost Town party with Diesel Dog... 4 sets of the Dog, followed by an all night party, followed by an all day party, followed by me blacking out and waking up in Port Dover... Crazy good times, for sure...

The Slip, Vorca Trio, GTB, JSB & Micheal Franti - Evolve Festival

Phish - Saratoga Arts Performing Center

Bela Fleck & New Deal - Toronto Jazz Festival

Blue Quater & Diesel Dog - Labour Day Come Together Festival

That One Guy - i did 4 dates (Guelph, CTMF, Kingston and Toronto)

Manitoba - Halifax Jazz Festival

hmm... it's hard to limit myself... so many good shows...I guess that where all my money went!

Slip/Motet @ The Fillmore, San Fran --> Awesome trip, went with me myself and I. partying with strangers. Sureal experience.

BNB @ The 'Ho (In the Spring/winter) --> Could have been one of the most high energy shows, both b/c of the band and the crowd...rediscovered the burts again.

Slammin' Jack @ The Royal in Nelson, Night 2. --> The whole package of what its all about. A trip into the Kootenays. Some GREAT inspired playing. Good party times.

Honorable mention goes to the Dead/Allmans at the Gorge.

Not the best show I saw this summer, but definately the most fun I had at a show this summer, would have to be the private Ghost Town party with Diesel Dog... 4 sets of the Dog, followed by an all night party, followed by an all day party, followed by me blacking out and waking up in Port Dover... Crazy good times, for sure...

agreed.only i didnt black out and end up in port dover.

my favorite del quotes from that weekend:

"fu©k that chair up"

"theres two saloons at ghost town?"

agreed.only i didnt black out and end up in port dover.

my favorite del quotes from that weekend:

"fu©k that chair up"

"theres two saloons at ghost town?"

didn't black out neither, but did make it to Dover where I did eventually black out around 4 am (thanks again for the lift, J ROC)

really fun times having the whole run of Frontier Town to ourselves

I'm correcting my previous post. The best concert for me this summer was the James Carter Quartet & Friends @ The Blue Note in New York City. Carter is a " young lion " multi-sax and bass clarinet master that should not be missed. His " friends " that night included avant-garde guitarist James " Blood " Ulmer and tenor sax pioneer Hamiet Bluiett. I felt honoured and fortunate to be in attendance.