Jambands.ca

more sad news.

timouse

Peter Owens, a very dear friend of the mouse family, passed away on Saturday from complications arising from a fall he took the previous evening. Peter had been battling prostate cancer for some time, and had been undergoing chemotherapy. Peter's daily regimen of pills included some pretty hardcore pain medication, and he had been having balance problems intermittently as dosages were adjusted.

Peter was a close frend of Marcel Guderian, and for years was a fecipient of Marcel's "west coast compassion." After Marcel's passing last Christmas, the mice had tried keep up Marcel's legacy.

RIP Peter. You get to hang with Marcel again...

edit to add...if any of the mice have pictures of Peter, please post them, or send them to me and nif...

Edited by Guest

the saddest hing about this was that peter had had a couple of instances of remarkable drops in his PSA (prostate specific antigen) levels that coincided with the arrivel of "kindness" from friends.

there was one point where it was bad enough that his doctor told him to clean out his closets and get his stuff in order, and at his next visit his PSA level was an order of magnitude lower.

medical marijuana lost a good friend this weekend....as did the mice.

thank you all for your kind thoughts, and if you go in for that sort of thing, some kind thoughts for marcel's mom & dad would be cool. mr and mrs g were close to peter as well, and marcel's 41st birthday is was is this time of year...this is a doubly hard time for them.

{{{{{{{{{{{marcel's folks}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

One of my happiest memories of Peter was just this past March when he joined the mouse family for a jam here at the 'Mousepad'. He relaxed and listened to the music for awhile then joined in on the congas. Peter was a wonderful hand drummer. He listened hard and played amazing rhythms and every beat enhanced the groove. Peter then got behind Timouse's drum kit and joined Mark Tonin on guitar and Davey on bass and played well into the night. I remember when he looked up from his drumming and sent me the most beautiful full-body smile. Man! Peter had such a beautiful smile!

The other memory of Peter that stands out was when he joined a big bunch of friends out at my land a few months ago for a camping-music-dancing night in the forest. He brought a huge teepee that he had made years ago. After some fidgeting, we finally got it up. He was very happy to see it standing once again. He joined us in some hand drumming and I think at one point he got up on stage and had a wonderful time making beautiful music with everyone.

Peter was a dear soul. Every time we spoke he was always upbeat and tried his best to hide the terrible pain he was enduring. His words were always kind.

After a good cry at our loss I tried to think of some happy things. Those two memories are what I came up with. But what really dried the tears and made me smile was the thought that wherever Peter is, I'm sure Marcel is with him and they're laughing and enjoying some good smoke together.

I was really looking forward to sharing another evening out at my land this weekend with him and all of my friends. Peter's teepee still stands there...an excellent reminder that Peter is still with us.

Thank you all for the kind words.

Smiles and Hugs,

Joni

PS Timouse, some pics are on the way to you.