Jambands.ca

New venue opening next year

briguy

I'm really excited and proud of you. I'm a card-carrying urbanist and love visionaries like you that battle to rejuvenate downtowns. Not many municipalities like hearing this about their town: "You've got a beautiful downtown and it's dead."

The Danforth Music Hall in Toronto (although Danforth is a thriving street) has done exceptionally well since it was renovated almost two years ago. I hope a similar thing happens with your venture and that its success spills over into making Welland's downtown thrive once again. And another thing: Go to city council meetings and fight for the town.

As somebody who was born and raised in Welland, I'd love to see this venue take off. My trips back home for family visits and holidays would be much more enjoyable! Heck, I may even head back to Welland more often than I do now.

As somebody who was born and raised in Welland, I must admit that I am less-than-optimistic about the chances of this venture being a successful one. After all, it's Welland we're talking about! I hope that I am wrong about the chances of success!

Peace, Mark